Tuesday 21 July 2009

Kids do in Flight Video - by Dea Birkett

I've been glued to my laptop, watching youtube. It's sad, I know, but it's also very funny. I feel like I've strapped myself in and taken off a hundred times, aiming for Malaga or Istanbul. I've been watching Thomson's new in flight safety video, to be launched on all its short and mid haul flights later this month, entirely acted by children. (www.youtube.com/ThomsonHols.) And I don't mean teenagers. I mean four and five year olds, with one sock up and the other slouched down, telling me how to fasten my seat belt, slip on my lifejacket, and pop on the oxygen mask. It's funny, original and captivating. And that's the point. Research had shown that hardly any of us bother to watch the safety video anymore. But with kids in grubby school uniform playing the part of the cabin crew, we're all eyes on the overhead screens. I think it's genius. I'm also amazed that it's been passed by authorities responsible for regulating international flights, whom I imagine are rather conservative about these things. And I'm wondering what other innovations could occur in safety videos, now Thomson has started the trend. Any ideas?

Watch the new video on YouTube

1 comment:

  1. This was shown on our recent flight to Corfu, and we loved it - and listened the whole way through!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Post your comments here...